Opening hours
Monday to Thursday, 10am to 3pm

Am I entitled to parental allowance if I move to the Faroes?

Yes, you are entitled to parental allowance if you move to the Faroes from another Nordic country. Otherwise, you are not. You must have had an A-income to receive parental allowance. Student grants from Nordic countries count as A-income.

Read more about this under "Moving to or from the Faroe Islands".


Call our customer service on 35 26 00 Monday to Thursday from 10am to 3pm or send an e-mail to We are happy to help.