Opening hours
Monday to Thursday, 10am to 3pm

Do I need to fill out a form to get parental allowance?

Yes. In order to get parental allowance, you must fill out an application form and send it to Barsilsskipanin with the required documents enclosed.

Ordinary wage earners must complete the form "Application for parental benefits, employee".
Employers must complete the form "Application for parental benefits, employers".
Public institutions must complete the form" Application for parental benefits, employers" and "Supplement for public institutions".

See "How to apply" in the links to the right. Here you will also find the application form you need.

If you are self-employed, have a B-income or work on a ship under FAS you must take out a parental insurance policy to qualify for parental benefits. Learn more about this under "Insurance".


Call our customer service on 35 26 00 Monday to Thursday from 10am to 3pm or send an e-mail to We are happy to help.